Thursday, October 27, 2011

So far, so good

Well, I've been in law school for two and a half months. So far everything's going well; don't get me wrong, it's a LOT of work...but I expected that.

For you future 1Ls reading, concerned about the work load, here's what my schedule looks like on a day-to-day basis (Tuesday through Thursday...my schedule is different on Mondays and Fridays):
     6:45 - wake up, shower
     7:45 - study for an hour while I eat breakfast
     8:45 - go to class
     9:00 - 11:45 - class
     11:45 - 12:30 - eat lunch
     12:30 - 2:00 - read for class
     2:00 - 3:20 - class
     4:00 - 6:00 - study (clean up notes, outline a bit)
     6:00 - 8:00 - cook and eat dinner, watch an episode of trashy tv
     8:00 - 9:00 (three or four days a week) - gym
     8:00/9:00 - 10:30 - read for class the next day
     10:30 - 11:30 - relax
     11:30 - bedtime!!

Monday I don't have class until 1:30, so I wake up at 8:30, start reading by 9:45, and take a break at 12:30 for lunch and relaxing before class. Then after class it's pretty much the same as the rest of the week. Fridays I'm done with class by 11, so I take two hours off after class to have lunch and hang out, then I spend three or four hours cleaning up my notes and reviewing from the previous week, and (now) outlining.

Saturdays I work for about 7 hours spread out throughout the day. Sunday I work for about three hours, unless I have a legal writing assignment due on Monday or Tuesday.

Sometimes I don't get as much work done as I'd like -- facebook calls, or I can't stop at just one episode of The Jersey Shore (my trashy tv show of choice). But the above schedule is what I really try to stick to. Some people work a heck of a lot more than I do, some people don't work at all, but I feel like my schedule is pretty middle-of-the-road as far as where my friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment