Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snip, snip!

Another one bites the dust. Well, a few more. It came down to another round of withdrawals this past week, and I made some tough choices. Went ahead and withdrew from a few schools I still hadn't heard back from (TexWes, University of Memphis), and a few that I got into (Arkansas at Fayettville, Marquette).

And I've got plans to cut a few more -- namely, South Texas (who offered me $12,400 a year, but that's still not enough to make it palatable). I'll also probably let Akron ($29k/yr), and DePaul ($12k/yr) go this week. Which means that my cycle is drawing closer and closer to a definite end. So far still in the running (no matter how seriously) are:

- Santa Clara ($15k/yr with a top 25% stip, already got turned down for more $.)
- Southern Methodist ($21,557/yr as long as I'm in good standing)
- McGeorge (definitely in, but haven't gotten my scholarship info yet)
- Whittier ($26k/yr that would be almost impossible to keep)
- Baylor (in for summer, don't know about fall or $$ yet)
- UArk at Little Rock (a full ride plus stipend is just so hard to turn down!!!)
- University of South Carolina (just waiting for aid package)
- California Western (sent a negotiation email and haven't heard back)

I'm also still waiting to hear from: Loyola Law School (CA), University of San Diego, and UC Irvine. I think I'm going to stick those ones out...at least until I put in a seat deposit or two.

Whittier has a really nice $$ offer, but the stips are just so ridiculous, I wouldn't be able to keep that award. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go to Baylor, and I know I don't want to go starting in May, but I want to see if I get any $$. And Little Rock's offer is suuuuuper tempting, but the down side is that then I'm stuck in Arkansas.

They talk funny there.

Hahaha, I kid. (But not really). Either way, that's not even a teeeeensy factor in my decision, don't worry.

Ultimately, if I'm being honest with myself, I think it all comes down to two things: the scholarship offer at McGeorge and the ASW at SMU next weekend.

If the offer is too good to pass up at McGeorge, it will move up to the top of my list. If SMU blows me away, I'll probably go there. If it's just okay, then it will be a tie with Santa Clara, but I'd still probably pick it (better aid, lower COL, higher ranking, better employment). If I'm just not digging it, then it will be between Santa Clara and McGeorge.

Ugggghhhh, this is a wayyyy harder decision than picking my bracket for March Madness (by the way, I'm doing AWESOME so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment