Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Almost Summer!

I know that this has nothing to do with law school. But...

Another silver lining of my vacation plans falling through? I got so much done last week that my work schedule is pretty light this week. As a result, I get to actually hang out with my friend when he gets into town for a short trip! Yay.

This time around I made some very special cupcakes...ROOT BEER FLOAT! Not so much for my friend, since he actually doesn't like root beer floats (what a communist...), but for his family and my sister, whose birthday was last weekend. She specifically requested them.

(She also wanted them to have PopRocks on top, but they don't make root beer pop rocks, and I wasn't about to clash flavors, so she's going to have to deal with the chocolate sprinkles I ended up using.)

I think that there is nothing more quintessentially representative of an all-American Summer than Root Beer Floats. They are just soooo good! And even though the amount of actual carbonated root beer that I used in these cupcakes was minimal (I mostly stuck with Root Beer Concentrate), I would swear that biting into these you could taste the fizziness in the cake and foaminess of the frosting. It was strangely AMAZING.



Anyway, these were made up of root beer cupcakes, cored and filled with root beer frosting, and topped with a light vanilla frosting. I cut bendy straws and used them to decorate to cupcake for a play on the "root beer float" concept. They were darling.

And delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment