Monday, August 1, 2011

Crickets

I know, I know, you've been able to hear crickets around this blog lately. I'm sorry! At first it was the vacation, then the moving thing, and then, to put the cherry on the sundae, I got suuuuuuper sick for the last week! It was awful!

Summer colds are the worst. You expect to be sick in the winter, and that's why some hot chicken noodle soup always does the trick! But in the summer? Blech, it was FAR too hot in my hometown this past week for anything resembling chicken noodle soup. (Eventually, though, I just had to have soup, so I cranked up the AC, turned on the fans, and drank a quart of miso soup a day until I got better.)

So here's a little update: my pod was delivered while I was in Atlanta. I came home and started filling it up. My mom and aunt are both redecorating, so I scored my bed (obvs), a couch, a dining table, dining chairs, place settings, a chaise (that pulls out into a twin bed), lamps, cushions, a nightstand, and my bookshelf, among other things. Aside from a TV, desk and coffee table, I think that as far as furniture goes I'm pretty much set! I also was able to fit pretty much all of my clothes and books, leaving behind maybe three file boxes of books in my garage.

BUT, while I should have been packing, I started getting sick. And then I decided to skip a day of packing in order to go out with my friends for a farewell party they threw me (how sweet, right?). So when the people came to pick up the pod on Monday morning I wasn't quite ready. Thankfully the nice people at ABF ReloCube were willing to work with me, and so my friends helped me pack all day before they came back the next day to pick it up. It was pretty full, let me tell you!

So, once my pod had been picked up, my body relaxed and then the sickness really set in. I don't think I left my house (really, my bedroom) for, like, three days. I was miserable. But now I'm over it and excited to get to Dallas! I get in late on Friday evening and will be moving myself in all weekend! I'm really excited!!!!!!

(PS - One thing I did do while I was sick was watch the entire first season of Happy Endings. If you haven't ever seen the show, you really don't know what you're missing. Watch it. Now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment