Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's only the first (full) week...

Goodness gracious.

It's only the first full week, and already my planner is full. Literally, that's not an exaggeration. I've had to add post-its to two different days in my planner this week in order to have enough room to write down my different reading and assignments, plus my "notes to self" about classes and profs.

It's exhausting. But, as my friend is so fond of saying to me, "you knew what you were getting into before you got there."

She's right. I did. But in times like these, when the newness of the classroom setting and the stress seems to be getting to me, I only have to think of one thing to be able to get back on track.


I feel like everyone should have a little mantra to keep themselves grounded in times of stress. It doesn't have to be a Bible verse, or even a whole quote. Just something to calm you down and keep you focused. Maybe even put this quote/verse/mantra into an art piece or somewhere in your house or apartment or book bag to force yourself to remember it.

Okay, back to my reading/briefing/writing. I swear at some point this week I will find time to blog about my orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment