Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Calling Law Schools

Calling law schools is always kind of nerve wracking. I don't want them to think that I'm one of those nagging gunners, or get so annoyed with me that they just pitch my file in the trash without even looking at it, but I NEED information. I HATE being at "file complete" for 4 months (I'm looking at you, McGeorge).

Today I called a few schools just to get some information about scholarships and possibly getting a travel stipend...visiting these campuses is even MORE expensive than applying! But knowing what a difference a campus visit makes (my visit to my undergrad choices is what sold me on my eventual alma mater, and made me decide that the "best on paper" school I was gunning for was definitely NOT for me) I can't possibly make this important decision without visiting the different school I'm seriously considering.

Unfortunately, DePaul doesn't offer travel stipends, and neither does SMU, so it looks like I'm going to Chicago and Dallas on my own dime.

Eek. I don't have many dimes lying around these days. Stupid economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment